With mother’s day approaching this year, my mom is more on my mind more than ever. And my role as a mom has changed during this Covid-19 ‘quarantine’. I’m now a full time mom and a full time worker too. It has me thinking a lot about the needs and wants of mothers and how that can change – sometimes hourly. With this in mind here are my top gift ideas for moms – for mother’s day, birthdays, holiday gifts or just any given day 🙂
‘Free’ Gifts for Mom
Sometimes all moms need is a little more time in their day or week. Some weeks they may wish they had more time with little kiddos or quality time with their adult children. And other days moms just want more time to themselves. Don’t forget to check in with the moms in your life to see what kind of time they could need and how you could help facilitate that. Honestly, sometimes this biggest gift I can get from my family each day is time to take a break and go for a walk or a run!
Green, Clean and Sustainable Skincare and Makeup Gifts for Mom
- Gorgeous Non-irritating Eyeshadows from Aether Beauty Co – I’ve loved these eyeshadows for my sensitive eyes. These will please any makeup lover regardless of their interest in ingredients. These colors are so vibrant and can rival any conventional and luxury eyeshadows out there like cult favorites Urban Decay. They also have new cheek palettes! Update 5/4: Aether is offering 25% 2 of their eyeshadow palettes! And an amazing All you Need is Love Bundle worth $140 for just $100!
- A luxurious and enrapturing brightening face oil from Maya Chia. This ultra-luxe Super Couple oil combines organic chia oil and one of my favorite brightening ingredients – astaxanthin – to brighten skin and reduce hyperpigmentation. This is the perfect gift for skincare lovers like me with melasma. But anyone looking for a boost to their skin’s radiance will love it.
- Universally flattering rosy highlighter from Westman Atelier. Did you watch my IGTV on this brand? Check out my review of this gorgeous sustainable line! (not sponsored, all products bought and loved by me). Find out if Gwyneth’s fave mascara is really worth it 🙂
- An amazing mineral face sunscreen with a sheer glow. This AKT therapy elemental sun balm has been so helpful in my battle with melasma and hyperpigmentation. And I’m so excited to be able to offer my readers *15% off of their luxurious non-toxic suncare products. (Hi friends, this has my affiliate code of ‘Maggie15’ . I may make a small commission of purchases. I hope you find my resources and reviews helpful!)
Self-Care for Mom during Covid-19
Outside of this unprecedented time, I would suggest getting the mom on your mind a nice massage. You could still get her gift cards for future massages 🙂 but here are other self-care experience gift ideas for moms
- Online fitness classes – since march many studios are offering online options more than before! Some of the programs I use are OBEfitness (great 10 – 45 minutes workouts) and LEKfit (trampoline workouts out of an LA studio). I’m also hoping to try FlowLift classes (ankle weights) through Bhuddi Yoga in La Jolla online.
- Virtual Skincare Consultations – I found an amazing aesthetician a few weeks before California’s stay at home orders, so selfishly I was sad I wouldn’t be able to get my in-person April facial. However, the gals at SKIN are offering virtual consultation services. They can help you refine your current product usage or send you a facial kit!
- Personal Stylist Consultation – Ever since I’ve had my son, shopping for clothes has not been joyful for me. Why is it so hard for me to find tops that are long enough but also flattering? I’m going to be enlisting some professional help until shopping is fun for me again. I’m so glad I connected with Coni of Art in the Find personal styling on Instagram. She’s based in San Diego but offers virtual styling consultations right now and is doing a cool online class series for finding your style!
- Intro to Watercolor Painting – treat mom to a new hobby or reconnect her with an old skill (my current focus is watercolor). I’m obsessed with zenning out to watching the Mint Gardener on Instagram and I just got her lovely book on how-to’s for botanical watercolor. I also LOVE following Let’s Make Art and their watercolor subscription box!
- A subscription to Noom – cognitive behavioral-based nutrition and weight loss accountability program. It’s been working for me! I’ve needed all the help I can get as a newer mom to stick to healthy habits and make time for my self to eat healthily and exercise. They also offer additional nutrition and exercise plans.
Clothing and Accessories Gifts for Mom
I’m still getting into my groove again with clothing and style since having our baby 🙂 but here are some tips for stylish mom gifts
- Vuori joggers – help mom lounge or pass Covid-19 stay at home orders in style! My husband and friends have owned these for years. I’m not sure why I held out so long – maybe because I thought they sounded too good to be true? These joggers are actually so comfortable and frankly the most flattering joggers for women. They are not too thick or thin. They just launched new colors but keep in mind with the lighter colors panty lines might show. I went with black. I can also recommend their lux performance tee. I love supporting a San Diego based company too 🙂
- Ethical Earrings from Dear Survivor – get the moms in your life stylish earrings from a values-driven brand! I had been eyeing these earrings for a year before I finally got myself a pair and I’m so in love! Follow them on Instagram for limited-time drops of special collections! They have several styles, all made from upcycled materials. And a portion of every sale is donated to GeneateHope, a non-profit that assist survivors of sex trafficking. Save $5 off your order with my referral code.
- Treat her to sustainable clothing made from recycled polyester and cotton from Kate Hudon’s ethical clothing line Happy X Nature. Boho chic and better for the environment!
- Incredibly comfortable and cute pajamas from Lake Pajamas. I have their robe too and wear it all the time. Maybe too much lately. This luxe pima cotton is also available in childrens sizes – perfect for mommy and me looks 🙂
Any gifts I missed? What has been the best gift you’ve given or received? Would love to hear it in the comments below!
Don’t forget to check out my top new baby gifts and newborn suggestions on Amazon.