I had first used Jane Iredale makeup products during a wedding. I’ve had my fair share of makeup artist work done on my face, and I was surprised this makeup artist chose to use so many tinted powders, especially on my dryer skin.
The result was surprising: the color choice wasn’t necessarily the best for my face, but the generally application looked good (but powdery) and the coverage lasted throughout the night!
Last year when I started getting serious about the largest organ in my body (my skin!) and what I put on it, Jane Iredale mineral cosmetics came to mind. I researched full coverage but natural foundation products that could potential cover my melasma, and decided to give Jane Iredale Glow Time full coverage mineral BB cream a go.
I bought the mineral BB cream and face primer from Pharmaca while I was on a trip to Portland, Oregon. I still use it every now and then – especially if I need long lasting sun protection but I want my melasma well covered, like at the beach. I generally apply it with my hands or my Sephora pro full coverage airbrush #53.
Jane Iredale Glow Time Mineral BB Cream Review
- Very full coverage but easier to blend than Cover FX total cover cream foundation
- Dermatologist tested
- Not tested on animals 🙂
- Wheat free
- SPF 25 UVA/UVB
- Fairly moisturizing
The Not So Good
- Very messy and smudgy
- Not very breatheable
- Very difficult to remove from makeup brushes and sponges
- Strong unscented-but-chemically-scent. Almost like a sour towel scent? Hard to describe but not pleasant. Every time I come across the product in stores I test it and yes all of them I have tried smell bad to me.
- Not a great color selection. I’m in between formula 5 and 6
Would I recommend it? Hesitantly, yes if you are looking for very full coverage (and if you aren’t sensitive to scents).
Jane Iredale Smooth Affair Facial Primer & Brightener Review
- Meh. Not impressed. But maybe I’m not the right target skin type. Was my skin very smooth and did the BB cream go on smoothly over the primer? Sure but that generally happens with most foundations for me.
Healthy Cosmetic Brands-Top 15 Healthy and Organic Cosmetic BrandsFebruary 8, 2017 at 9:10 am
[…] Via […]