I literally cried when I recently received the email that Josh Rosebrook’s newest clean beauty wonder – the Hydration Boost Concentrate – would be the hero in the October 2019 Beauty Heroes box!
Beauty Heroes is my favorite beauty box and their boxes this year have been incredible. I’m still so moved by the Maya Chia box I haven’t had a chance to finish my review 🙂
I’m almost embarrassed about how large my Josh Rosebrook organic skincare collection has become – I’m brand agnostic but this is my largest single brand skincare collection.
Josh Rosebrook’s line is also special to me because my search for his products locally led me to meet my friend Mary at Seamakers in La Jolla and her lovely, thoughtful organic beauty store and La Jolla gift boutique.
Josh began his career as a hairstylist and started his line of clean hair products before pursuing mindful skincare creations. I haven’t tried his haircare yet! But I will definitely share when I do.
Josh’s skincare is mostly delivered is in sleek white glass jars, making this a great sustainable beauty option as well as a mostly vegan skincare line. My favorite products from his line are powered by aloe and Indian Senna Seed and carry the signature aroma of blue tansy essential oil (a very pricy ingredient!). Another great benefit of Josh’s line is he has smaller (and more affordable!) sample and travel size products so you can buy lovelies from this luxury line on a budget! For example, you can buy a travel size of his luscious vital cream for only $45! and you can save $5 more off your first purchase through my link. (*hi friends! in this post, I’ll add an asterisk to any affiliate links for your reference. These can help me accrue points or save to buy more of my genuine skincare favorites).
Josh Rosebrook Skincare, Hydration Boost Concentrate and Hydrating Accelerator Reviews
Without further adieu here is my guide to Josh Rosebrook’s skincare line!
- Josh Rosebrook Complete Moisture Cleanse – I bought a travel size of this light and creamy face cleanser for all skin types (I’m dehydrated and sensitive). This PH-balanced natural face wash is powered by aloe, African black soap, honey and oils – baobab, evening primrose, jojoba, argan etc. I’ve been using mostly cream cleansers this year and this creamy face wash is lovely. However, I would suggest a double cleanse for sure to ensure all your makeup gets removed. I love buying travel-sized anything 🙂 and luckily Josh’s site provides many travel size options! You can start with a 1oz organic face cleanser starting at $19!
- Josh Rosebrook Active Enzyme Exfoliator – this earthy smelling exfoliator is only 1 of 2 physical exfoliators I still use (in my early skincare days Acure’s brightening scrub was my go-to). But if you’re finding the walnut shells too harsh, skip the massaging steps of this mask and let the herbs and botanicals do the work (hence the “active enzyme” in the name).
- Josh Rosebrook Cacao Antioxidant Mask Review – Previously discussed a few years ago on my blog, I love this rich, rejuvenating and energizing organic cacao face mask. I make sure it’s a part of my nighttime routine 2x a week. Josh also sells it in a travel size for only $38! I have a lot of natural energy and a low tolerance for caffeine so instead of drinking coffee I actually drink an organic cacao mix in the mornings with almond milk. My favorite so far is by H is for Love or this Glow Fitness mix from Amazon.
- Josh Rosebrook’s NEW Hydration Boost Concentrate – I’ve been anticipating this concentrated serum for over a year. Realizing (with the help of a comment from Josh himself on an old Instagram post) that my skin was likely dehydrated and not dry led me to pursue more hydrating formulas. The hydration boosting skincare routines I’ve created have de-stressed my skin, improving my natural glow and majorly reducing my dark spots and melasma! I can’t wait to use this newest product regularly. The hydrating boosting emulsion absorbs well into my skin (after hydrating accelerator 🙂 ) and smells like tea to me :). One week in and I’m already hooked! I’m so happy this was part of my Beauty Heroes box! You can still get an awesome mini-collection of Josh Rosebrook favorites by subscribing to Beauty Heroes to receive skincare valued at at least $90 per box + you get 15% off your orders* of other skincare on the site!
- Josh Rosebrook’s Advanced Hydration Mask Review – This. THIS mask. I want to bathe in this and hibernate in this. I love this mask and where it 2x a week at night while I sleep. My skin feels so much plumper, hydrated and moisturized when I wake up! Thanks to aloe and a high dose of botanical hyaluronic acid from Indian Senna Seed. This is a must for your winter skincare routine.
- Josh Rosebrook Active Infusion Serum Review – this was one of my first luxury organic face oils and while it is lovely it’s not my most favorite :). If you love Drunk Elephant skincare, however, you may want to try this instead of buying their marula oil the next time you are out! This is a marula based oil with other blends. I think the addition of hemp seed oil makes this feel to oily for my skin.
- Josh Rosebrook Vital Balm Cream – 2 years ago this was a sidekick in a Beauty Heroes box and I was underwhelmed. To be fair I found the natural scent of blue tansy essential oil very overwhelming then. Now however I’m obsessed with this batch of his delicately blue vital balm cream that arrived in the latest Beauty Heroes box.
- Josh Rosebrook Nutrient Day Cream Review – this subtle and luxurious day cream with natural spf is a gateway to green beauty. Absolutely my go-to recommendation for friends looking to take their basic drugstore or Sephora skincare routine to the next level. This multi-tasking formula is a light but rich face cream with spf. I love this tinted version and it is a top 3 recommendation on my comprehensive clean and natural face sunscreen spf guide